Friday, June 10, 2016

21 day fix and breastfeeding

So I've decided to start the 21 day fix again.  Hunter is three weeks old and we have a pretty good nursing routine down.  Tripp will still be in school until the end of the month and it's grilling season so now would be a good time to make this work.  This pregnancy took a toll on my weight. If we're going by my official August - May gain, I'm looking at about 50lbs.  That is crazy and scary!  I have about 20lbs to lose to be at a comfortable spot postpartum and another 15 after that (which I'll wait until we are done nursing to focus on).

Less than 24hrs before Hunter was born at 39 weeks + 5 days.

My goal is 10lbs before September but I'm willing to hit the pause button if my milk supply tanks because feeding my child is much more important to me than losing the weight.

I've done a bit of research on how to maintain supply while working out.  I'm already two brackets higher than the last time I did the fix because of the weight gain but I also added 500 calories to compensate for nursing.  I will report back after the first week :)

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment