Sunday, February 7, 2016

Stitch fix #12 - February 2016 (maternity)

Another month, another maternity fix.  I was actually pretty excited after my first maternity fix and looking forward to get the next one.  Emily had asked what my 2016 fashion resolution was so I added that to my note.

My note to my stylist:
I would love to keep Emily as my stylist! I absolutely love the olive Greta dress that I received in my last fix.  It's like butter and, not gonna lie, I wouldn't be upset if I received something similar (or the same dress but in a different color).  I've already worn it twice. For 2016 I want to find more reasons to wear my hot pink heels (or turquoise or yellow for that matter) so neutrals that will make it easier for me to reach for those would be nice.

From Emily: I'm so glad to hear that you loved the dress from your last fix!  I'm sending along a few similar pieces for you to try out in this fix, per your request.  The Catina Dress is one you pinned and I think you'll love the fit - it's perfect for wearing with your hot pink heels.  If you'd rather avoid color blocking, try the Blaire Dress for a trendy look that's still neutral enough to wear with other colors.  I noticed you're loving Blazers, so I thought the bright Rebekah would be great to throw on top - I could definitely see Jessica Day in this outfit!  For lounging around at home, I thought you'd like to try the classic Denise Jeans - they have a longer inseam for a flattering fit.  Try them with the Ailene Top for Valentine's Day!  I hope you have the best time trying these pieces on - can't wait to hear what you think!


These were the pictures I got from my sneak peak and I was very excited to see two dresses, one of which is the Greta dress but in short sleeves.

 
Liverpool - Denise Maternity Bootcut Jean - $78
I really liked the color of these jeans and they made my legs look skinny which was a nice bonus.  I'm not really a fan of bootcut (and these felt more like a flare) and the belly panel was somewhere between a full panel and a demi which seems like it would be weird in another month or two. Returned.

 
Kensie - Rebekah Stretch Crepe Blazer - $88
I absolutely love the color of this blazer and couldn't believe how great it looked paired with this turquoise striped nursing scarf that I have, but I was really uncertain about the sleeve length.  I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to land (somewhere between 3/4 and wrist) or if I just have freakishly long arms.  The inside of the blazer is a lovely black and white polka dot pattern which was super cute.  I also know that this blazer has been available at Macys, in the past, for cheaper, though not in this color.  Sadly, Returned.

 
Madigan - Ailene Lace Sleeve Maternity Knit Top - $54
I was excited to see this lace sleeve top in my sneak peak because I pinned a maternity top similar to it for my stylist to check out.  Unfortunately, what I don't like about the top is that it's not fitted, it's flowy.  If this top were fitted and not a standard maternity style top, I probably would have kept it. Returned

 
Tart Maternity - Blaire Maternity Dress - $98
I was so excited to see this dress in my fix.  It's a really neat snakeskin type of print in a gray/beige color and it's a longer, sleeveless dress.  Sadly there's a pull near the butt and I felt like it made my boobs look even bigger than they already are.  But how cute is it with this White House Black Market  blazer and my hot pink heels?! Returned


 
Loveappella Maternity - Greta Maternity Dress - $68
Good 'ol Greta to the rescue.  I hate to say that I'm a predictable creature of habit, but you all probably could've called it from a mile away that this dress would be a keeper.  The material is fantastic.  The color is bold and perfect for wearing with my different colored heels.  It looks great belted or with a scarf...AND I don't even look pregnant in it (which ps I'm almost 6months). KEPT!!!


Merchandise Total: $386.00
Buy All Discounted Total: $269.50 

My total: $48 -- $68(dress) - $20(styling fee discount)

 If you'd like to try out Stitch Fix -- You can use my referral.  It would certainly be appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment