Friday, July 31, 2015

Fitness Friday Faves


Since I have gotten into the swing of things when it comes to fitness I figured why not spread some of the love for some of my favorite products.  When I first started running I picked up these sneaks from Under Armour.  I liked the color.  It had good reviews.  And they were on sale at Macys with a huge % back through ebates so I pulled the trigger and bought them.  This specific pair have hit the pavement for almost a year now and I've decided to give them a little break.  They're now waiting in the wings for my next mudrun/color run.

When I started to get serious about my health and fitness I jumpstarted everything with Team Beachbody and the 21 day fix (which I will post about later).  The problem is that Shakeology is EXPENSIVE!  Once I finished my month supply I was on the hunt for a more affordable protein powder.  I asked a friend who is a personal trainer what he recommended after trying two other powders that were awful and this was his suggestion.  I use the Double Rich Chocolate flavor and love it.  It is a very fine powder so it's not gritty at all.  The taste is pretty good mixed with just water which was a huge plus for me.

During the school year I took to hitting the treadmill/weightroom/pavement as soon as the bell rang so that I could pick up the little nugget by 4pm.  Unfortunately I sweat -- A LOT -- and didn't want to shower at school so I started using these cucumber wipes from Burt's Bees.  They smell great and left me feeling fresh and clean before heading to daycare for the little guy.

When I first began working out after pregnancy I was in need of a good supporting sports bra for my well endowed chest.  I went to my favorite bra store and the Anita Extreme Control was a winner.  I then went home and bought it in two more colors off of amazon.  It's not a racerback so the straps are adjustable.  This is considered an encapsulation sports bra which is excellent for high impact sports (running, aerobics, etc).  They use individual cups to surround and support each breast separately. There is no compression in these bras.  And because they are not compression sports bras, you don't get the dreaded uniboob.

And last but not least, where would I be without my Fitbit Flex?  When I first asked my husband for the Fitbit for my birthday back in 2014 I figured, as a teacher, I would have no problem hitting 10,000 steps a day.  Man was I wrong!  I figured between being in 4 different classrooms on 3 different floors and walking around the room teaching I would hit that goal no problem -- I was sadly disappointed to see that by the end of the school day I maybe broke 4,000.  Using this activity tracker has definitely helped me on my weight loss journey.  I really enjoy challenges with friends.  They're such a great motivator and many of our challenge groups cheer each other on in addition to taunting :)

If you aren't already using EBATES you are missing out on SO MUCH FREE MONEY!! I have been using ebates for the past 2 years and have earned over $300 just from shopping online.  All you have to do is sign up, get the button, and shop shop shop.  Once a quarter you get sent a check for the money that you earned.  It's free money and it is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment