Monday, July 20, 2015

Fabletics Review



I decided to bite the bullet and give Fabletics a try.  For those of you who don't know what it is, Fabletics is a monthly subscription for athletic wear.  It's high quality, affordable, and stylish.  Because I've decided to take my health and fitness more seriously, I figured I would give it a try.  It's a $49.95 a month membership, but you can skip months if you don't see something you like.  You have until the 5th of the month to decide what outfit you would like.  If you don't like anything, you can skip the month.  They have free returns and exchanges so you're not stuck with what you have if it doesn't fit (like some other subscriptions).
 
I took advantage of the offer for new VIP members, 50% off your first outfit and ordered the "Paia" outfit consisting of the Sabrina Capri, Aventura Tank, and Joliet High Impact Bra.  I did not have high hopes for the bra but the whole outfit came out to $39.95 with free shipping and the other outfit I was eyeing that didn't come with a sports bra was only $10 cheaper so I figured why not?
My order came in on a Saturday afternoon and I busted it out first thing Sunday morning for our family walk.  Everything fit straight out of the bag so I knew I would keep it all.  I ordered a Medium in the capris and tank and a Large in the sports bra (I'm a 34DD [formerly G but thank god for exercise!]).
I don't normally work out in just a sports bra but find that reviews don't help if I can't see what the people are working with, if you know what I mean.
The back was a little bit of an odd design and some reviewers complained about not being able to put it on without help because the top doesn't also have a clasp.  To me, this was silly.  If you wear a bra every day, you know how to clasp it from behind all by yourself so that was not an issue for me.

Tank Top: Lightweight tank, bigger armholes, longer in length - At the end of a 3.5 mile walk in the 90 degree heat it surprisingly wasn't drenched and clinging to me.  I would absolutely recommend this.  The only downside is that it does have bigger armholes so your bra will show.
Capris: Compression, mid-calf, two different materials and an internal pocket.  These were a little clingy by the end of our walk, mainly in the butt and behind the kneecaps.  They were very comfortable and stretched with me.  They have two different materials so they're not plain black capris which is a nice, different touch.
Sports Bra: The band around the ribcage fit nicely but it has an odd front panel below the mesh (yellow, neoprene).  This is touted as a high impact sports bra and I would not agree with that at all!  I  felt like this had the same support as a regular bra.  While it did not give the typical sports bra uniboob, I did wind up with more cleavage than I would've liked (especially walking around town).  I think this is perfect for just going for a walk or riding a bike but I would NOT wear this running or to a high intensity fitness class.  At the end of 3.5 miles my breasts hadn't moved around too much in terms of migrating to a different location within the bra (no spilling out the top or bottom) but I prefer to be fully covered and sucked in for high impact and this did neither.  If the yellow piece was fully connected to the mesh part and was compartmentalized (one spot for each boob), then I think this would be a very successful sports bra.

Overall, the quality of the items seems great and I'm satisfied with what I received and the price I paid.  I plan on continuing my subscription and look forward to reviewing the next outfit.  If you're interested in checking out Fabletics, please use my referral here.  Thanks!

Retail value: $149.85 (Tank = $34.95, Capris = $64.95, Bra = $49.95)
VIP = $79.95
50% off first outfit = $39.95

No comments:

Post a Comment