Thursday, December 4, 2014

Stitch Fix Review #4 - December Box

My December box arrived on a particularly bad day for me and I would like to say that it cheered me up...but it didn't.  This month's stylist was Christina.  My note reads:
Hi Melanie!  Such a pleasure to be styling for you! Here are two options for a holiday look.  Try pairing Kut From The Kloth cords (amazing color) with the Daniel Rainn top. Add a bold statement necklace and finish he look with either tall black boots or heels!  Another option is to pair the Market and spruce plaid top (very similar to the one you posted on Pinterest) with a dark navy pencil skirt and add a silver statement necklace.  Take the same top and layer it over dark denim, wear tall brown, vintage colored boots and add a beige scarf - instant casual, chic vibe!
My note to the stylist for this month was that I wanted something I could wear for the holidays and that I was looking for things that I could wear with jeans for a casual look or with a skirt and heels for work...so here we go.
Market and Spruce - Colibri Plaid Printed Tab-Sleev Shirt - $48
I was a little disappointed because, although I did pin a shirt similar to this on my Stitchfix Pinterest board, I received a plaid shirt just like this but sleeveless in my last fix.  In addition to the fact that I already have a shirt similar to this, it was pulling across the chest and was actually really big in the waist which made it feel like a maternity top.  Sending back :(

Market and Spruce - Brentwood Jersey Stripe Tiered Top - $68
I liked the feel of this shirt and the fit but am not a fan of the tiered material.  If this shirt were all one piece I think I would've kept it, but the tiers just add extra weight and again, it felt like a maternity top.  Sending back :(

Market and Spruce - Shawna Striped Cowl Neck Sweater - $78
This picture doesn't really do the sweater justice.  The sleeves are red and cream striped while the torso is black and cream striped.  It looks nicer in real life but it was kind of itchy and not worth $78. I think it would be a nice comfy and cozy sweater to wear with leggings but again...not for $78.

Daniel Rainn - Aveda Sheer Cinched Waist Blouse - $68
I really wanted to like this blouse.  It's something that I could wear for a date night with the hubby (haha like we get so many of those with a baby).  When I pulled it out of the box I thought it had promise and when I put it on the jury was still out...and then I saw a side profile and the blouse billows out above the waist...again, more unnecessary fabric that just made me feel fat and pregnant (which I am not!) Sending it back.

Kut From The Kloth - Jonathan Corduroy Skinny Pant - $68
I really liked the color of these cords when I pulled them out.  The picture doesn't do them justice.  They're a beautiful burgundy color and they fit so well, but I just can't see myself wearing them more than once.  I paired them with heels and with boots and I actually really liked how they looked with heels.  I could see them looking great for a holiday party, but beyond that - I don't think I'd wear them again. Sending back :(

Merchandise Total: $330.00
Buy All Discounted Total: $232.50

Thankfully I had a $50 credit so even though I'm sending the whole box back, I didn't actually spend any money because the $20 styling fee came out of that credit.

If you'd like to try out Stitch Fix -- You can use my referral.  It would certainly be appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment