Thursday, October 16, 2014

Stitch Fix Review #3 - October Box

I was extra excited for my October box because my friend and coworker, Wendy, was receiving her first box on the same day.  We both eagerly hit refresh on the tracking status and rushed home to see what we got. So here we go...
41Hawthorn - Kasey Stripe Hem Fit & Flare Dress - $68
I knew as soon as I pulled out the style card that I would love this dress and how cute is it with the boots?! It's a sleeveless fit and flare dress which is perfect for me for work because you never know what the temperature will be in my classroom.  It's the perfect length and the material is lightweight.  The skirt is lined so you don't have to worry about anything showing through.  I'm keeping it!


Fun2Fun - Chandra Plaid Sleeveless Blouse - $44
 I had pinned a plaid blouse to my pinterest board because I thought it would be perfect for fall and was so happy to see this in my box.  It's sleeveless and sheer so I have to where a tank top underneath (but that's fine by me).  It is the absolute perfect shirt for fall and I love that I can pair it with a pencil skirt and boots or jeans and flats.  Another keeper!

Papermoon  - Kasidy Geo Print Swing Skirt - $58
 So I am pretty iffy on this skirt.  It's lightweight but lined and certainly long enough for school but I feel a bit frumpy in it.  I'm not impressed so I think it's going back.

Renee C - Alondra Ruched Pencil Skirt - $58
I wanted to like this skirt.  The color is a beautiful burgundy, but I feel like a sausage in it.  The skirt is made of a jersey material so it has a great amount of stretch to it but the ruching does nothing for my curves and even with spanx on...still looks awkward.  Sending it back :(

Market and Spruce - Tabitha Embellished Cotton Shirt - $58
Lastly, I pulled out this blouse.  It's kind of a mauve color which is a bit boring to me.  It's cotton and has a beaded embellishment on the neckline.  Overall...I'm not too impressed with it and for $58 it's just not work keeping.  Plus looking at these pictures makes me realize it really is not flattering at all....so this one also will be sent back.

Merchandise Total: $286.00
Buy All Discounted Total: $174.50

My total: $112 - $20 styling fee - $25 referral credit = $67!!!

If you'd like to try out Stitch Fix -- You can use my referral.  It would certainly be appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment