Sunday, September 7, 2014

Stitch Fix Review #2

Oh man.  I was so excited for my third stitch fix box to arrive.  My last box was a total hit and I've already worn 3 of the pieces multiple times (including the blue shirt that was the only piece I wasn't thrilled with...it's become a staple of my summer wardrobe).  I could not wait to open up the box.  Before even unwrapping the garments I was a little disappointed with the size of the box.  It wasn't as big as my previous two boxes had been...I got nervous.  When I opened the styling notes I noticed that Allison was my stylist again.  SCORE! She styled my last box and I absolutely loved it.  Well...here we go and you'll quickly see the outcome of this box.




Pixley Monet Mini Facet Bib Necklace - $38
Three Dots Cammy Stripe Boat Neck Cotton Tank - $44
Margaret M High Waisted Cropped Trouser - $98

OK.  So this picture features three of the five pieces in my box.  I wasn't thrilled to receive a necklace (and promptly changed that in my style profile so that I no longer receive accessories) because I'm actually allergic to most metals and break out from 90% of the jewelry I own unless it's platinum baby!  The tank top fit nicely but I couldn't justify spending that much money on a cotton tank especially when I own one very similar to this.  I was afraid the trousers wouldn't fit as they didn't have any zippers and were just pull on but they actually fit nicely.  I'm just not a fan of cropped pants.  I'm 5'8" which is relatively tall for most women and feel like cropped pants look like they're too short and not designed to be that way.


Daniel Rainn Divinity Eyelet Detail Pleat Front Blouse - $68

This shirt was an epic fail.  I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it is HUGE.  There were at least 2" in additional material on both sides in the armpit.


Andrew Marc Kadine Rugby Striped Fit & Flare Dress - $138

I actually really liked this dress.  It fit me well and has pockets, but the price is ridiculous for what it is and I already have a dress that looks just like it that I wore to a wedding in May.

Merchandise Total: $386
Buy All Discounted Total: $274.50

So it is with great sadness that I will be sending back the entire box without purchasing anything and losing my $20 styling fee.

Better luck next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment