Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stitch fix review #1

So I kept going back and forth on whether or not I wanted to do stitch fix reviews.  Don't know what stitch fix is?  You can find out more here.  After much debating I decided I would go ahead and blog about my fixes because, after all, aren't stitch fix reviews where I pin most if my styles from anyway?  Knowing that a particular item is already in stitch fix's repertoire makes it easier for my stylist to put together a box (or at least I would think so).

Here we go!  While this is my first review it is not my first fix.  My first fix wasn't exactly a hit but I wound up keeping a dress from the box anyway.  This fix, however, was almost a home run.
I was so excited to try everything on.  The colors were vibrant and stylish and I just couldn't wait to see what would wind up in my closet.

41 Hawthorn Lex Textured Floral Knit Fit & Flare Dress - $74
I knew I would love this dress the moment I pulled it out of the box.  It's a yellow and grey fit and flare dress.  It is super comfortable.  The length is work appropriate but it can also be worn for date night or even a bridal/baby shower.  I paired it with purple flats and will probably also wear a purple cardigan with it for school.  My stylist suggested nude flats but I wasn't crazy on the look.

Chris & Carol Wilam Zig-Zag Print Top - $44
This blouse is listed as "dark pink" but I found it to be more coral and navy blue zig zag.  I paired it with jeans and heels for a date night look but could also see myself wearing this with a pencil skirt and cardigan for work.  Another keeper!

Pomelo Missy Polka Dot Tab-Sleeve Blouse - $58
When I first pulled this shirt out of the box I was in love with the color but wasn't really a fan of the long sleeves.  After trying it on I discovered it had tabs to roll up the sleeves which is a little more of my style.  It was starting to grow on me, but it wasn't until I paired it with this dark chambray pencil skirt that I fell in love with it.  Bob said this was his favorite piece from the box!  Definite keeper.

41Hawthorn Abrianna Lightweight Knit Cardigan - $28
When I first saw this cardigan in the box I was thrilled.  Last year I had a cardigan in a similar color (if you look back at my pregnancy pictures you'll see what I'm talking about) but I shrunk it in the wash :( so that was the end of that.  I was a little wary of how much it would cost but the price is perfect.  Sometimes I think the items are overpriced, but I would pay between $20-$30 for a similar cardigan so I'm satisfied.  It's very lightweight which is perfect for a teacher on the move (last year I taught 6 classes in 6 different rooms on 3 different floors).
41Hawthorn Montgomery Chevron Cross-Front Top - $48
OK so here is what I mean by almost a home run. I dreaded trying this shirt on because it is cross front and I have a rather large chest.  I first tried it on without anything underneath and it was all cleavage.  When I tried it on again with a white tank, not so bad.  Here I paired it with a cream colored pencil skirt which drove my husband nuts (the cream clashes with the white in the shirt) but when I paired it with jeans it grew on me.  If I saw this shirt on a rack I never would have purchased it and CERTAINLY not for $48, but here's the problem.....

Merchandise Total: $252
Total for the 4 pieces I actually like: $204
Whole Box Total with 25% off discount: $174

So there you have it -- I'm pulling the trigger and buying the whole box because it would be cheaper for all 5 pieces than if I just purchased the 4 that I really liked.

And there you have it!  Next time I promise to take better pictures, or lighter pictures...it was rough doing this at 8am on a Sunday with a 7month old.

If you'd like to try out Stitch Fix -- You can use my referral.  It would certainly be appreciated :)


No comments:

Post a Comment