Wednesday, August 3, 2011

every bride's nightmare

Tonight I experienced a major trauma.  Here we are, 16 days from the wedding, and I'm having my usual Wednesday night dinner at my parents and decided to lean over and pet the dog under the table.  Well....he didn't like something I did or how I leaned down and bit me across my face.  After 30 minutes of screaming and crying hysterically and asking God "why me?!? why now?!?" I was finally calm enough to go to the emergency room.

Thankfully Mama O is a nurse at the hospital and put in a couple of calls so they knew we were coming and had already paged the #1 plastic surgeon.  Unfortunately, he was not the surgeon on call for the evening and had a family event to tend to.  After finding out they were already paging other doctors, we asked if he'd be willing to come in after the party and he agreed.  So I was admitted at 6pm and finally saw the surgeon at 11pm.  The PA did some initial tests to make sure my vision wasn't messed up.  She poured this stuff in and used a blacklite that made my eyeball light up like a highlighter....all while getting pumped with antibiotics through an IV.

I apparently got around 4 internal stitches and 6 external stitches in the area just under my eye and the top of my cheek.  I'm very emotional right now because our big day is so close and I want to know what I did to deserve this.  If you're lucky, I'll have Bob post the picture we sent his mom right after it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment