Saturday, July 24, 2010

Beer for dinner?

Last night I decided to spice things up with a different marinade for our London Broil.  After scouring the internet for a new recipe I decided to incorporate the one ingredient that we love most (ok, next to garlic)...BEER!  I found a recipe for a beer marinade and read most of the reviews before making the trek downstairs to the beer fridge.
The recipe called for a stout so I looked around and saw one that Bobby had multiple bottles of....so I figured it was a safe place.  After trimming the little bit of fat and cutting the 2+lb of london broil in half I started to make the marinade.

  • 12 oz. Stout
  • 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
  • 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 clove minced garlic
Once the meat was secure in the ziplock bag in the refrigerator, I went to see what Bobby was up to online at work.  I informed him of my delicious idea and he began to get wary....which bottle of stout did I pick?
Oh that would be the kind that cost $40ish for a 4-pack.  Needless to say, the steak came out terrific and I reduced the leftover marinade and we poured it over the top to make for an extra delicious meal.  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment