Thursday, June 24, 2010

Love at first sight

I don't know what has come over me but I've definitely been bitten by the wedding bug. I am itching to try on wedding dresses but so nervous about the process. We have 421 days until our wedding so trying on a dress now just seems silly but I can't wait to do it!

When we first got engaged this was the dress that I saw myself in. OK, who am I kidding......I found this dress before we got engaged but didn't want to be that weirdo who started looking before she had a ring.

I also really liked these.


But the more I watch shows like "Say Yes To the Dress" and "Girl Meets Gown" the more I change my mind about what kind of dress I want. This is such a hard decision and now is certainly not the time to be trying on wedding dresses with so much time to go before the big day.

Back in January Bobby and I decided to get healthier and drop some pounds. After 6 months I am down 17 lbs and he's down about 30. I continued to eat healthy but gave up on my rigorous exercise routine....oh....4 months ago. I'm not sure what spurted it but Bobby's back on the exercise kick and wants to lose another 25 lbs before the summer's over and I'd like to lose the remaining 15 I need to be skinnier than I was in high school (and my ideal weight for the big day). This is why now REALLY isn't the time for me to try on dresses. In addition to hating my body (which I'm sure will happen because wedding dresses run small and I have ginormous boobs), buying one now means letting it sit around once alterations are done, waiting for me to really wear it.

Well...we'll see in a couple of months when I finally bite the bullet and try stuff on what I decide on.

No comments:

Post a Comment