Saturday, March 13, 2010

8 maids-a-milking

Every Tuesday night we take dance class with one of Bobby's friends and his fiancee. We had originally all hung out while watching a Giants game back in October, right after Dave proposed. They were telling us about what they had planned already for the wedding and the topic of the bridal party came up. Eight bridesmaids and eight groomsmen. Now I understand wanting to include everyone in your special day, but it's such a hard decision to make. Who stays and who goes?


This is something that I've put some thought into. I have a lot of girlfriends. I was in a sorority in college and had an additional, closer group of girls outside of my sorority who I've been friends with for the past 6 years. So when I thought about who I'd want in the bridal party, it was very difficult to figure out who stays and who goes. Thankfully I don't have to worry about the friendship ending decision of who becomes the Maid of Honor (MOH). In my case, my sister is the automatic MOH (well, matron of honor). Strike that one off of the list! And Bobby has two younger sisters that I want to be a part of our special day in addition to my friends. Thinking about everyone I'd want involved, the bridesmaids side seemed to become a ridiculously large number. It became a game of balance (I, personally, prefer an even number of bridesmaids and groomsmen). That's when I decided to limit it to my sister and his two sisters (although I had considered just having a MOH and BM).



As much as I would love to include my friends in my special day....I will....in some other way....that I haven't fully thought out yet. Until then, this is my bridal party and I'm sticking to it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment